News & insights
Morocco: Accession to International Conventions and Treaties
June 21, 2013
Morocco has recently approved the accession to the treaties and conventions listed below.
The decision was published in Official Gazette no. 6140 dated April 04, 2013.
–Geneva Act of the Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs dated July 02, 1999.
– Strasbourg Agreement Concerning the International Patent Classification dated March 24,
– Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks dated March 27, 2006.
– Arab Convention on Combating Information Technology Offences dated December 21, 2010.
The country has also approved the following conventions on February 12, 2013, which
are expected to enter into force upon publication in the Official Gazette:
– Locarno Agreement Establishing an International Classification for Industrial Models and Designs signed on October 08, 1968, as amended on September 28, 1979.
– Vienna Agreement Establishing an International Classification of the Figurative Elements of
Marks signed on June 12, 1973, as amended on October 01, 1985.
– The Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization to the Convention on Biological Diversity dated October 29, 2010.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org