News & insights
Kuwait: Patent Office Calls for all Applicants to Complete Files
June 24, 2010
Pursuant to an official notification issued by the Kuwaiti Patent Office on June 21, 2010, all patent applicants are required to complete their files by submitting any outstanding documents by no later than July 21, 2010.
For your information, the documents that are required in support of patent applications in the country are as follows:
(1) Power of Attorney, legalized.
(2) Certificate of incorporation, legalized.
(3) 2 copies of the specifications in English with Arabic translation.
(4) 2 sets of formal drawings and 2 sets of drawings without any Latin numerals or words.
(5) Deed of assignment from the inventor(s), legalized.
(6) Copy of priority document instead of certificate of incorporation, if priority is claimed, legalized.
As a result of this new decision, examination of pending patent applications is expected to start in the country in the near future.
In light of the above new development, Saba & Co. IP will be reviewing the files for all pending patent applications that are liable for examination and will be notifying clients accordingly.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org