The Trademark Office in Libya announced that, starting January 1, 2010, a certified copy of the corresponding home registration certificate must be submitted in support of a trademark application in the country.
For further clarification, we list below the statutory requirements for filing a trademark application in Libya along with the authentication procedures.
1. Power of attorney, legalized. A general power may be used for subsequent filings.
2. Certificate of incorporation or extract from the commercial register, legalized, with sworn Arabic translation.
3. Certified copy of certificate of home registration, legalized, with sworn Arabic translation.
4. Copy of priority document, if priority is claimed, certified.
5. 10 prints of the mark for each application.
For further information on this subject, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org