– Bahrain issues new intellectual property laws on the protection of trademarks, trade secrets, patents and utility models, geographical indications, copyrights and related rights.
– The Bahraini Patent Office announces that it would start accepting patent applications after a suspension of two years.
– The Trademark Law Treaty is approved by the Bahraini Parliament.
– Bahrain approves the country’s accession to the Patent Cooperation Treaty PCT (the instrument of accession has not been deposited yet).
– Qatar issues a patent law for the first time in the country.
– New patent, topography of integrated circuits, and trademark laws enter into force in Algeria.
– Syria ratifies a new law on trademarks, geographical indications, and industrial models.
– Ethiopia issues a trademark law for the first time in the country.
– Morocco adopts provisions for filing oppositions against trademark applications for the first time in the country.
– The International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants UPOV enters into force in Morocco.
– Dubai implements new border measures for the protection of Intellectual Property.
– Iraq’s Trademark Office reduces the trademark protection period to 10 years from the filing date.
– Jordan introduces new warning label regulations.
– Jordan implements new border measures for the protection of Intellectual Property.
– The West Bank Patent and Trademark Office launches a new system for filing trademark applications electronically.
– Lebanon establishes an Information Technology and Intellectual Property Rights Law Enforcement Office to curb the levels of software, copyright, and music piracy in the country.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com