News & insights
Gaza: Authentication Requirements Revised
December 28, 2010
Last year, the Trademark Office in Gaza modified the requisite formalities for the Power of Attorney as follows:
1. The Power of Attorney must be notarized and legalized up to the Notary Public and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
2. The Power of Attorney must be executed on the same year the trademark application is filed. Powers with an older execution date will not be accepted.
3. A copy of the Power of Attorney can be submitted at the time of filing along with a declaration stating that the original power will follow within one month from filing date.
In line with the above, the Trademark Office has recently asserted the legalization requirements in an official notification dated December 20, 2010. In this announcement, the Office declared that all documents, filed in support of trademark applications, must be notarized and legalized up to the Notary Public and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Simply signed documents will no longer be acceptable. Also, the Office has imposed an additional requirement on new applications for trademark registration. Effective immediately, applicants must submit a legalized certificate of incorporation or extract from the commercial register for the application to be processed.
For further clarification, we list below the statutory requirements for filing a trademark application at the Trademark Office of Gaza along with the revised authentication procedures.
1. Power of attorney, legalized. The name and the address of the applicant must be clearly printed on the power.
2. Certificate of incorporation or extract from the commercial register, showing the activities of the applicant’s company, with English translation, legalized.
3. 15 prints of the mark for each application.
Power of attorney, legalized.
1. Power of attorney from the assignee, legalized.
2. Deed of assignment, legalized.
Change of Name/Address
1. Power of attorney, legalized.
2. Certificate of change of name/address, legalized.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org