News & insights
Cyprus: Upgraded Electronic Platform for Trademarks
September 2, 2019
The Trademark Office in Cyprus upgraded its existing online services on July 15, 2019, bringing improved e-filing and online services for trademarks.
The upgraded system benefits users by providing modern, state of the art tools and services for intellectual property offices in the European Union Intellectual Property Network.
What you need to know about trademark registration in Cyprus:
- Classification: 11th edition – single class application
- Examination: On formal, absolute, and relative grounds
- Opposition: 2 months from publication date
- Protection Term: 7 years from filing date and renewable for periods of 14 years each
- Use: Vulnerable to cancellation if mark has not been used for 5 years from filing date
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org