News & insights
UAE: Monitoring Intellectual Property Rights Protection
November 25, 2014
Dubai recently launched a quarterly index to monitor the protection of intellectual property rights. The index will also identify areas for improvement in the regulatory policies, processes, and strategies in the domain of IPR protection by gathering opinions and expectations of brand owners, law firms, distributors and trading agencies.
The level of IP protection measurements will be based on five major areas that are:
1. Laws and regulations on IP protection
2. Commitment to enforce existing laws and regulations
3. Level of awareness of IPR
4. Impact of IP protection on economic growth and sustainable development
5. Overall satisfaction on IP protection levels
This comes in light of the country’s recent collaboration with South Korea, which has dispatched patent examiners to the UAE Patent Office to assist in the construction of an infrastructure that will manage patent applications.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please contact us email@example.com