News & insights
Digest of Major IP Developments in 2005
March 1, 2006
– Bahrain adopts the 8th edition of the Nice classification of goods and services.
– Saudi Arabia implements new border measures for the protection of IP rights.
– Yemen adopts the 8th edition of the Nice classification of goods and services.
– Qatar amends the trademark filing requirements in order to enhance the registration system.
– Lebanon releases the Consumer Protection Law which outlines the general rules concerning the protection of consumers and the safety and quality of goods and services.
– Morocco announces its accession to the International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (the UPOV Convention).
– Egypt adopts the 8th edition of the Nice classification of goods and services.
– Dubai Customs sets up a specialist unit for protecting IP rights.
– The Patent Cooperation Treaty enters into force in Libya.
– Bahrain announces its accession to the Madrid Protocol and Patent Law Treaty.
– Syria accedes to the Performances and Phonograms Treaty.
– The Copyright Treaty and the Performances and Phonograms Treaty enter into force inQatar.
– Saudi Arabia becomes the149th member of the WTO.
– The Omani Patent and Trademark Office announces that it would start accepting patent applications for the first time.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org