News & insights
Bahrain: New Trade Name Law Issued
April 12, 2012
The new Trade Name Law (Law no. 18 of 2012) has been recently issued in Bahrain. This Law was drafted back in February 2011. The salient features of Law no. 18 of 2012 are as follows:
– The new trade name shall be new and innovative.
– The new trade name shall not be identical or similar to a well-known mark nor to any other mark.
– The new trade name shall not include any political, military or religious content.
– The new trade name shall not refer to any regional, Arab or international organization.
– The use of the new trade name shall not create any confusion with other names of company owners or product distributors.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please contact us at email@example.com