News & insights
ARIPO: Partnering up with the EUIPO
October 21, 2016
The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) signed a memorandum of understanding with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) on October 3, 2016. The purpose of the MOU is to increase bilateral cooperation between the two regional organizations in the field of intellectual property.
This cooperation will be achieved by:
- The publication of ARIPO trademark and industrial design data on EUIPO online information and classification systems
- The exchange of information between the two countries on the legislative front
- Providing specialized training to governmental enforcement agencies
- Holding regular meetings between government officials from both countries to discuss and exchange the latest intellectual property issue
- Cooperation on the automation and modernization on the IT front
With this MOU, ARIPO shows its commitment to develop and establish a competent IP system and demonstrates its awareness of the strategic importance of IP on the member countries’ economic development.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org