News & insights
2007 in Playback
December 10, 2007
– The Paris Convention enters into force in Yemen.
– The Patent Cooperation Treaty and the Trademark Law Treaty enter into force in Bahrain.
– Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Lebanon, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, and theUnited Arab Emirates adopt the 9th edition of the Nice Classification.
– The Gulf Cooperation Council approves a unified trademark law.
– A new law on Trademark, Geographical Indications, and Industrial Models and Designs enters into force in Syria.
– The regulations implementing the patent section of the Intellectual Property Law of Yemenenter into force.
– The Patent Office of Libya starts accepting Patent Cooperation Treaty applications entering into the national phase and designating Libya.
– The Budapest Treaty, the Madrid Protocol, the Patent Law Treaty, and the Trademark Law Treaty enter into force in Oman.
– A new law is issued in Tunisia to strengthen the Tunisian Trademark Law in matters related to counterfeit products.
– A new top-level domain name .ASIA is launched.
– The International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants enters into force inTurkey.
– Sharjah, one of the seven Emirates of the UAE, implements new border measures for the protection of Intellectual property.
– A new penal law on Cyber Crime enters into force in Saudi Arabia.
Should you have any questions, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com